Washington County Eligible for Emergency Haying and Grazing

Conservation Reserve Program acres, or CRP acres, may be eligible for haying and grazing.  Washington County Farm Service Agency Executive Director, Kristie Nutsch-Fulton, explains why the program has started.

She also shares what a producer needs to do to receive authorization to hay or graze the CRP acres.

CRP  is a program that pays farmers to remove environmentally sensitive land from agricultural production and plant species that will improve the environmental health and quality of the land.

Sign up for the KCLY Digital Newspaper, The Regional