Survey/Article Credit: TopCashBack.com
This Tuesday (August 1) marks National Back-to-School Month — time for students and teachers to ditch the pool and gear up for the school year
The survey polled a cross-section of 2,997 adults, aged 18 and over.
Below, please find a selection of relevant stats from the survey. You’re more than welcome to attribute us and relay these results to your audience.
When do/did you typically start shopping for back-to-school supplies?
- Late summer (41%)
- Throughout the year (28%)
- Middle of summer [peak season] (25%)
- Once school ends [late spring/early summer] (6%)
Which of the following do you plan to do in order to save money this back-to-school season? (select all that apply) [top four responses]
- Shopping sales (73%)
- Using a cash back website (61%)
- Using coupons (59%)
- Reusing last year’s back-to-school supplies (39%)
Do you plan to shop back-to-school sales?
- Yes (75%)
- No (25%)
Do you think homework is beneficial for students?
- Yes (83%)
- No (17%)
What’s your go-to excuse when you didn’t do your homework? (select up to 2 responses) [top five responses]
- I told the truth. (44%)
- “I left it at home.” (23%)
- “I didn’t understand the assignment.” (23%)
- “I was sick/had a family emergency.” (17%)
- “I didn’t know there was an assignment.” (11%)
Did you ever start/participate in a food fight?
- No (84%)
- Yes (16%)
Did you ever fall asleep in class?
- Yes (51%)
- No (49%)
Did you ever skip school?
- Yes (56%)
- No (44%)