Residents can get help with Severe Weather Insurance Claims

By Ryan Duey

Residents affected by recent severe weather in Geary and Riley County are encouraged to reach out to the Kansas Department of Insurance if they have any issues with an insurance claim, according to Commissioner Vicki Schmidt.

The Department has coordinated with local authorities and stands ready to assist affected individuals with insurance-related issues stemming from the storm. Commissioner Schmidt emphasized the common occurrence of storm damage and insurance claims in Kansas and urged residents to seek clarification on insurance coverage or report any claim-related problems promptly to the Kansas Department of Insurance.

Anyone encountering difficulties with insurance claims can contact the Kansas Department of Insurance’s Consumer Assistance Division through various channels including their toll-free phone, email, or online portal.

Sign up for the KCLY Digital Newspaper, The Regional